Feb 23, 2008

Changing Envelopes!

My predictions for the Oscar Winners are going to be changed:

Best Picture: NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
(I'm completely re-thinking The Academy on this one ... I think this movie may fit the mood of the country right now ...)

Best Actress: MARION COTILLARD for "La Vie en Rose"
(I read there is a lot of buzz about her and her performance, plus will they annoint two prior Oscar winners in the two big Acting catagories? Day-Lewis AND Christie?)


Best Cinematography: ROBERT ELSWIT for "There Will Be Blood"
(Checking past Oscar statistics shows that when a nominee in this catagory is nominated twice, he loses ... therefore, it won't be Roger Deakins for NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN)

Best Visual Effects: TRANSFORMERS
(this made a lot of money. Hollywood loves money)

Now, the hard ones:

Best Documentary Short Subject: FREEHELD

Bst Animated Short Film: I MET THE WALRUS

Best Live Action Short Film: LE MOZART DES PICKPOCKETS

Okay ... that's it! No more changes!